[Histonet] Licensure/Certification

Breeden, Sara sbreeden <@t> nmda.nmsu.edu
Wed Feb 11 13:49:17 CST 2009

Don't get me wrong... I'm OJT-trained.  I just think that we, as
histotechs doing a very critical and important job, need to be
interested enough in our career/profession that licensure/certification
is the goal of our training.  I just can't figure out why someone that
cuts my hair has to be licensed and histotechs don't!  I was never more
proud than the day I received that letter from ASCP telling me I was
qualified to use the initials HT(ASCP) behind my name!  I worked very
hard for that, even though I had no college degree.  Which prompts me to
say that on March 7th, I will have been certified for FORTY years!  Send
cupcakes to me at the address below and I'll add the candles (which will
cause security to come a'runnin' to put out an illegal fire caused by 40
candles on a cupcake...but that's another issue).

Sally Breeden, HT(ASCP)

NM Dept. of Agriculture

Veterinary Diagnostic Services

PO Box 4700