[Histonet] Muscle Gomori Trichrome

John Shelley jshelley <@t> burnham.org
Tue Feb 3 13:26:36 CST 2009

Hi Histonians,

I have experienced some difficulties in doing snapped freeze muscle biopsies that need to be stained with the Modified Gomori's Trichrome by Engel, W.K., and Cunningham 1963.
When I stained the frozen tissue that has not been post or pre fixed, I am getting red areas within this bundles that also have green in it. I know it should be solid green with reddish nuclei and red intermyofibrillar muscle. I truly believe this is an artifact. I checked the histonet archives and there has been much talk about the stain but not how to correct this artifact Any help will be appreciated.

John