[Histonet] Special stains and microwave

Rosa Fields rfields <@t> gidocs.net
Thu Aug 27 16:26:56 CDT 2009

Bill,
I can highly recommend the EBS processor microwave.  At a base price of 8,900 (last I checked) it is one of the lowest cost processors on the market.  I don't know if having the flexibility to process in this new microwave may help justify the price?  I purchased mine from Stat Lab, and the customer service from the folks at EBS was outstanding; they even had a prob and air agitator block style holder designed and built for me when I suggested that it should come with one.  I really like our model, and it offers great flexibility in our lab.
Rosa Fields, HT (ASCP)
Gastroenterology Specialties
Histology Supervisor
4545 R Street
Lincoln, NE  68503
402-465-4545
rfields <@t> gidocs.net

The information contained in the message and the documents accompanying this message contain information that is privileged and confidential and is intended only for the use of the individual or entity named above.  If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient or the employee or agent responsible for delivering it to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication, other than its return to the sender, is strictly prohibited.

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu [mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of O'Donnell, Bill
Sent: Thursday, August 27, 2009 4:09 PM
To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: [Histonet] Special stains and microwave

Greetings Histonetters,

We have finally come to the point where we need to fish or cut bait in
relation to purchasing a laboratory approved microwave and venting it.

While I think it would be "cool" to have one, I'm wondering if the cost
is justified to do a handful of special stains that could be done
(though more slowly) in a laboratory oven like the one we already have.

Anyone with the time or desire to opine, please chime in.

Those who have purchased such a microwave, I'll gladly take suggestions.

Thanks in advance

William (Bill) O'Donnell, HT (ASCP) QIHC
Lead Histologist
Good Samaritan Hospital
10 East 31st Street
Kearney, NE 68847