[Histonet] Special stains and microwave

O'Donnell, Bill billodonnell <@t> catholichealth.net
Thu Aug 27 16:08:41 CDT 2009

Greetings Histonetters,

We have finally come to the point where we need to fish or cut bait in
relation to purchasing a laboratory approved microwave and venting it.

While I think it would be "cool" to have one, I'm wondering if the cost
is justified to do a handful of special stains that could be done
(though more slowly) in a laboratory oven like the one we already have.

Anyone with the time or desire to opine, please chime in.

Those who have purchased such a microwave, I'll gladly take suggestions.

Thanks in advance

William (Bill) O'Donnell, HT (ASCP) QIHC
Lead Histologist
Good Samaritan Hospital
10 East 31st Street
Kearney, NE 68847