[Histonet] optimal IHC thickness

Rene J Buesa rjbuesa <@t> yahoo.com
Thu Aug 13 10:23:51 CDT 2009

I always used 3-4µm and prefer HIER over enzymes.
René J.

--- On Thu, 8/13/09, Katelin Lester <katelin <@t> cuttingedgehistology.com> wrote:

From: Katelin Lester <katelin <@t> cuttingedgehistology.com>
Subject: [Histonet] optimal IHC thickness
To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Date: Thursday, August 13, 2009, 10:24 AM

Hi everyone,

I am staining lymph nodes for staging of breast cancer with CKAE1/AE3 and
would like to know what everyone is cutting this type of slide at.

I searched the archives and my understanding is that, for IHC, how thick the
sections are cut is not necessarily critical.  I typically cut all IHC at
4μm and I want to achieve the best results possible.

Also, on a side note, the Data Sheet suggests using Trypsin, but I have been
using Pepsin. Any comments or suggestions about time, quality of Trypsin vs.
Pepsin?

Thank you,

Katelin

Katelin Lester