[Histonet] optimal IHC thickness

Katelin Lester katelin <@t> cuttingedgehistology.com
Thu Aug 13 09:24:57 CDT 2009

Hi everyone,

I am staining lymph nodes for staging of breast cancer with CKAE1/AE3 and
would like to know what everyone is cutting this type of slide at.

I searched the archives and my understanding is that, for IHC, how thick the
sections are cut is not necessarily critical.  I typically cut all IHC at
4μm and I want to achieve the best results possible.

Also, on a side note, the Data Sheet suggests using Trypsin, but I have been
using Pepsin. Any comments or suggestions about time, quality of Trypsin vs.
Pepsin?

Thank you,

Katelin

Katelin Lester