[Histonet] cross contamination

Breisch, Eric ebreisch <@t> rchsd.org
Mon Aug 10 15:03:31 CDT 2009

Hi Histonetters-

Our laboratory does not process gynecologic cytology specimens and we
have a relatively small number of non gynecologic specimens. Usually
when we process the non gynecologic cytology specimens, they are done
separately. I saw a CAP question which addresses prevention of cross
contamination in the cytopathology section. Does anyone have a protocol
which they could share which addresses the issue of "nongynecologic
specimens that have a high potential for cross-contamination being
stained separately from other nongynecologic specimens?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Eric A. Breisch, Ph.D.

Clinical Anatomist

Dept. of Pathology

Rady Children's Hospital and Health Center

Associate Clinical Professor of Anatomy

Dept. of Surgery

UCSD School of Medicine