[Histonet] Fixation of embryos

Geoff McAuliffe mcauliff <@t> umdnj.edu
Mon Aug 10 11:35:13 CDT 2009

If the G in 4F1G is glutaraldehyde the glut. will probably kill off the
immunoreactivity (depending on the antigen in question).
How long are the embryos being fixed? Remember, formalin works slowly so
5-7 days may be necessary.-
I would try a formalin + alcohol mix or formalin-alcohol-acetic acid.
Also, yolk is hard to fix well so don't use that as a criterion for good
fixation.

Geoff

--
--