[Histonet] CNS Fixation

Kathleen Roberts kgrobert <@t> rci.rutgers.edu
Fri Apr 17 10:22:19 CDT 2009

Sara-

Welcome back!  We use 10% NBF also to fix our mouse & rat brains and
spinal cords, and I use Ultrastick slides for sectioning (6 um sections
are standard here, that's what my boss likes). I bake them in a 60
degrees C oven for 30 minutes-overnight (depending on my schedule).
It's rare that I have tissue come off the Ultrastick slides during
staining...but then I stain my slides manually since we don't have an
autostainer yet.

Good luck,
Kathleen  Roberts
Principal Lab Technician