[Histonet] Whole human feet

Rene J Buesa rjbuesa <@t> yahoo.com
Fri Apr 10 15:34:19 CDT 2009

As far as I know such a large thin section that also involves decalcifying hard bones has never been published. In the past E. Leitz (now Leica) manufactured sliding microtomes for large specimens but were used mostly to prepare thin brain sections embedded in celloidin but not for what you would like to do.
If you are able to do it, for sure we all would like to know.
René J.

--- On Fri, 4/10/09, Yak-Nam Wang <ynwang <@t> u.washington.edu> wrote:

From: Yak-Nam Wang <ynwang <@t> u.washington.edu>
Subject: Re: [Histonet] Whole human feet
To: "Woodward, Denise" <denise.woodward <@t> uconn.edu>
Cc: "histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu" <histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu>
Date: Friday, April 10, 2009, 4:26 PM

Denise,

Thanks, someone else pointed out these images and they are indeed in the
correct plane (http://www.nlm.nih.gov/research/visible/image/feet.jpg).  I
think these are 1 mm sections from a frozen body, unstained. We were
actually hoping that we could process feet (procured from a company),
section and stain the sections with the basic H&E, modified Hart's,
Picro
sirius red and such like.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks