[Histonet] Problems with mouse brains

Geoff McAuliffe mcauliff <@t> umdnj.edu
Mon Apr 6 10:34:38 CDT 2009

Hi Julie:

You mentioned that you are buying your fixative from a commercial
supplier but that

"My first thought is that there was difference in formalin... but that is not the case."

How do you know? You did not make the fixative solution so you really have no idea. Not to berate Fisher Scientific, I have been a loyal customer since grad school. Maybe someone had a bad day or was interrupted during the mixing. Mixing buffered formalin in you lab is so easy and you retain control of the most important step in histology.

Geoff

--
--
Geoff McAuliffe, Ph.D.