[Histonet] Technovit 7200 (isobornylmethacrylate) staining

Garcia, Lori, Sr. Scientist lori.garcia <@t> medtronic.com
Fri Apr 3 18:12:00 CDT 2009

This question is specifically for Linda Jenkins or anyone who has worked
with Technovit 7200,

I am trying to do an H&E stain on ~70 um thick ground sections on
plastic slides. I have followed the Donath method all the way through
processing, but the sections do not pick up stains the way the booklet
says they should. I am even having trouble following GMA staining
procedures that I have found, in fact am afraid to try too many because
the acrylic forms tiny cracks that interfere with microscopy. I have
researched the histonet archives, but haven't found anything other than
a couple of similar inquiries.

I would very much appreciate any advice from people who have worked with
this specific formulation.

Happy Friday!

Lori

[CONFIDENTIALITY AND PRIVACY NOTICE]

Information transmitted by this email is proprietary to Medtronic and is intended for use only by the individual or entity to which it is addressed, and may contain information that is private, privileged, confidential or exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you are not the intended recipient or it appears that this mail has been forwarded to you without proper authority, you are notified that any use or dissemination of this information in any manner is strictly prohibited. In such cases, please delete this mail from your records.

To view this notice in other languages you can either select the following link or manually copy and paste the link into the address bar of a web browser: http://emaildisclaimer.medtronic.com