[Histonet] Grossing Tech

Michael LaFriniere MLafrini <@t> csmlab.com
Mon Mar 17 07:53:53 CDT 2008

Judy,

If the grossing tech is at $50.00 per hour that is the going rate in some parts of the country....my experience has been in the east and south...most 88305's nets $34-75 per specimen on the technical aspect of the billing for the laboratory dependant on the payor mix...

Michael R. LaFriniere
Executive Director
Cytology Services of Maryland (CSM)
301-206-2555 ext 27
301-206-2595 fax
michael.lafriniere <@t> csmlab.com

>>> On 3/11/2008 at 9:45 AM, in message <05CAE76AB5D5ED409864C6DD86F13349238CEC6C <@t> pbpsflexch02.pbp.local>, Judy Collins <JCollins <@t> palmbeachpath.com> wrote:
Our grossing techs usually gross up to 50 specimens per hour (most are 88305) so at your suggested rate, they would be paid $400.00 per day.  That would be $50.00 per hour. That seems unreasonable.

Judy Collins
Palm Beach Pathology