[Histonet] Staining for Hyaluronic acid

Monfils, Paul PMonfils <@t> Lifespan.org
Wed Jun 4 17:36:38 CDT 2008

I just finished the same technique 10 minutes ago!  Alcian blue for hyaluronic acid, with and without hyaluronidase.  Hyaluronic acid is seldom present in tissues in high concentration.  When the entity you are staining is sparse, your staining is going to be light.  There is really no way around that.  I use umbilical cord as a control.  Hyaluronic acid is present in this tissue in higher concentration than in most other tissues.  You can also try to increase your staining intensity by cutting your sections a little thicker.