[Histonet] troubleshooting

Rene J Buesa rjbuesa <@t> yahoo.com
Thu Jul 3 10:46:48 CDT 2008

Usually it is caused by drying the sections before being completely drained and at high temperature (I am sending you an article on the subject under separate cover).
Keeping a "fresh" tissue in any of the ways you describe will lead to putrefaction and complete loss of cellular detail.The best way will be to snap freezing it.
René J.

--- On Thu, 7/3/08, Karla Arrington <freckles9660 <@t> yahoo.com> wrote:

From: Karla Arrington <freckles9660 <@t> yahoo.com>
Subject: [Histonet] troubleshooting
To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Date: Thursday, July 3, 2008, 11:05 AM

2 questions for you all. What causes tissue sections after H&E stained fixed
in formlain, to have nuclear bubbling? Is it under fixation, prolonged fixation?
Also what is the best way to store for a short time, fresh, unfixed tissue
either in a saline moistened gauze and refrigerated or just placing it in
physiological saline at room temperature.  I am troubleshooting some problems.

Karla Arrington
freckles9660 <@t> yahoo.com