[Histonet] PAS stain decolorizer?

Edie Lehman EdieL <@t> fmchealth.org
Thu Jul 3 10:29:54 CDT 2008

We have a section that was incorrectly stained with PAS and no tissue left to recut.  We need to do an H.Pylori stain on the slide.  Any thoughts on how to destain the PAS?  Tech tried acid alcohol to no avail.

Thanks

Edie Lehman MT(ASCP)
Anatomical Pathology Supervisor
Fairfield Medical Center

"Confidentiality Notice: This e-mail message, including any
attachments is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s)
Any unauthorized review; use; disclosure or distribution
is prohibited.  If you are not the intended recipient,
please contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of
the original message."