[Histonet] quenching of Fluorescent signal

FU,DONGTAO fudo <@t> ufl.edu
Tue Feb 19 17:53:56 CST 2008

Hi, all

  I am doing fluorescent staining on fresh frozen human spleen
using CD markers, like CD4, CD8, etc these days. The secondary
antibody I used is AF 488, the mount media was DAPI(hard set) from
vector. I can get very nice staining, however, I find these
signals only can be kept for a couple of days, then start to
quench deeply, although I put my stained slides in 4C. Does anyone
have experience on how to keep fluorecent signal last longer? And
usually how long do you still get your IF signal after mounting?

  Thank you,

Ann Dongtao Fu MD, Ph.D
Lab Manager
Dept. of Pathology