[Histonet] quenching of Fluorescent signal

Emily Sours talulahgosh <@t> gmail.com
Tue Feb 19 23:41:44 CST 2008

Our Cy2/Cy3/Cy5 fluorescence lasts a few months at least--we mount
with Fluoromount G from Biomedia.  Vector usually has high quality
products so I'd assume the problem isn't from their mounting media.
Did someone bleach the signal by looking at it too long under a microscope?
Maybe using Cy2 or Cy3 (or whatever 488 is) as a secondary would help
also, since our labeling is always robust.
You could always call Vector and ask if someone else has had the same
problem.  Or look on their website, they have protocols and
troubleshooting.

Emily
--
fortune smiles on the brave and spits on the coward
--aguirre, wrath of god