Re: RE: [Histonet] stickest slides for brain sections or how tocoat aproper slide for urself

tf tifei <@t> foxmail.com
Tue Dec 16 20:44:35 CST 2008

Thanks for sharing.
I do not have big problem in mounted slides from microtome - you pick the sections up from solution.
But I did have some sections prepared in cryostat came off during BrdU IHC (citrate buffer 95 degree for 30 min , so harsh~~). I am not sure whether this is because of embedding (O.C.T) ? Or something else. Even you use pre-coated slides.

And, As I mentioned in last email, we found the 0.25% gel-slide works as good as pre-coated slides if the sections were mounted from PBS, washed out all embedding materials.

2008-12-17

tf

发件人: Mejia, Maria
发送时间: 2008-12-17  01:24:31
收件人: tifei; Alexandra Meinl; cmmathis1
抄送: histonet
主题: RE: [Histonet] stickest slides for brain sections or how tocoat aproper slide for urself

This is for anyone's interest who work with 40um primate brain section 2x3 inches. We routinely
mount our IHC stained sections from working PBS on pre-subbed brain slides from Brain Research
Labs.
To keep the sections on the slides we use a very fine (#0) brush to brush the section flat on the
slide & to remove any PBS that may get trap under the section. We dry overnight. Next day, I
put in oven at 37C - 30 minutes to further dry.
Regards
Maria Bartola Mejia
Histology Manager
Department of Neurosurgery