[Histonet] What is the stickest slides

Smith, Allen asmith <@t> mail.barry.edu
Tue Dec 16 10:47:40 CST 2008

I buy Vector Labs' VECTABOND and coat the slides myself.  I dry the sections onto the slides for 2 days.  I have yet to lose a section.
-Allen A. Smith, Ph.D.
Professor of Anatomy
School of Podiatric Medicine
Barry University
Miami Shores, Florida

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu [mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of cmmathis1 <@t> bellsouth.net
Sent: Tuesday, December 16, 2008 10:51 AM
To: histonet
Subject: [Histonet] What is the stickest slides

Hello Histonetters,
We are having trouble getting our paraffin processed cow meniscus sections (at 5 microns) to stay on our Superfrost Plus slides.  We are drying them overnight in a 58 C oven.  The H&Es look great but the immunos wash every time.
What is your favorite slide for these hard to stay on samples?
Thanks for your time,
Cathy