[Histonet] stickest slides for brain sections or how to coat aproper slide for urself

Mejia, Maria Maria.Mejia <@t> ucsf.edu
Tue Dec 16 11:24:21 CST 2008

This is for anyone's interest who work with 40um primate brain section 2x3 inches. We routinely
mount our IHC stained sections from working PBS on pre-subbed brain slides from Brain Research
Labs.

To keep the sections on the slides we use a very fine (#0) brush to brush the section flat on the
slide & to remove any PBS that may get trap under the section. We dry overnight. Next day, I
put in oven at 37C - 30 minutes to further dry.

Regards
Maria Bartola Mejia
Histology Manager
Department of Neurosurgery
UCSF
San Francisco, CA 94103

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu on behalf of tf
Sent: Tue 12/16/2008 9:00 AM
To: Alexandra Meinl; cmmathis1
Cc: histonet
Subject: [Histonet] stickest slides for brain sections or how to coat aproper slide for urself

I have similar questions...
for brain sections.

we found that 0.25% gel coated slides are better than 0.5% or 1% gel in sticking 40 um brain sections.

just want to share this with you guys.

2008-12-17

tf

???: Alexandra Meinl
????: 2008-12-17  00:27:04
???: cmmathis1
??: histonet
??: Re: [Histonet] What is the stickest slides

I like Roti-Bond Adhesion slides for difficult material like bone, you can
also use HIER without problems. But these slides are quite expensive and
require 2-3 days drying time.
Alex