[Histonet] What is the stickest slides

Hofecker, Jennifer L jennifer.l.hofecker <@t> Vanderbilt.Edu
Tue Dec 16 12:47:41 CST 2008

Hi Cathy,
I use Starfrost plus slides from Mercedes Medical. We use them for all
of our neuropathology specimens, including muscle and nerve at 5
microns, and have no problems. I dry my slides on a hot plate for 10
minutes (after draining thoroughly) and never have a problem with either
H&E's or IHC washing off - either by manual or automated staining.
Call them for a sample. Mercedes sells different brands of adhesive
slides, be sure you ask for the Starfrost Platinum Line, they are
wonderful.

Have a great day!
Jennifer L. Hofecker HT(ASCP)
Vanderbilt University Medical Center
Division of Neuropathology
Nashville, TN
ph 615.343.0083
fax 615.343.7089

-----Original Message-----
From: cmmathis1 <@t> bellsouth.net [mailto:cmmathis1 <@t> bellsouth.net]
Sent: Tuesday, December 16, 2008 9:51 AM
To: histonet
Subject: [Histonet] What is the stickest slides

Hello Histonetters,
We are having trouble getting our paraffin processed cow meniscus
sections (at 5 microns) to stay on our Superfrost Plus slides.  We are
drying them overnight in a 58 C oven.  The H&Es look great but the
immunos wash every time.
What is your favorite slide for these hard to stay on samples?
Thanks for your time,
Cathy