[Histonet] What is the stickest slides

Swain, Frances L SwainFrancesL <@t> uams.edu
Wed Dec 17 07:02:58 CST 2008

I cut MMA sections which are also hard to mount and have them stay on the
slides.  I have found that Biocare, Surgipath, Newcomer's Supply and
Scientific Device Laboratory have what they call HIER slides or superplus
slides.  All of them are great, the prices are a little steep.

Frances L. Swain HT(ASCP) A. A. S.
Special Procedures Technician
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery
Center for Orthopaedic Research
Barton Research Building 2R28
4301 West Markham Street
Little Rock AR 72205
(501) 686-8739 PHONE
(501) 686-8987 FAX
swainfrancesl <@t> uams.edu email
-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
cmmathis1 <@t> bellsouth.net
Sent: Tuesday, December 16, 2008 9:51 AM
To: histonet
Subject: [Histonet] What is the stickest slides

Hello Histonetters,
We are having trouble getting our paraffin processed cow meniscus sections
(at 5 microns) to stay on our Superfrost Plus slides.  We are drying them
overnight in a 58 C oven.  The H&Es look great but the immunos wash every
time.
What is your favorite slide for these hard to stay on samples?
Thanks for your time,
Cathy