[Histonet] IHC on fresh frozen

FU,DONGTAO fudo <@t> ufl.edu
Wed Dec 3 09:16:38 CST 2008

Hi, all

  Recently I did some IHC(chromagen methods) on mouse fresh frozen
tissues, mainly using insulin antibody on pancreas. The image is
much fuzzier compare to paraffin embedding tissue. And the
staining also smeared to acinar cells which surround the islet.

  I airdried slide(>30min) and used a general acetone method(-20C
5min) to fix the tissue before I did IHC.

  How can I get a relatively sharp staining on the fresh frozen
tissue?Does anyone here have any experience on it? Any
suggestions?

  Many thanks and have a nice day,

Ann