[Histonet] GMA embedded section attachment to slides

Herrick, James L. Herrick.James <@t> mayo.edu
Mon Dec 1 16:26:31 CST 2008

Hi everyone,

I have been trying to attach Glycol Methacrylate (GMA) embedded specimens to glass slides and have not been having much luck. So far I have tried gelatin, APES and Histostik. I am using a press and placing them in a 50° C oven for approx. 48 hours. The sections look as if they are attached, until I begin staining. I am pretty sure that the PEG is causing my problem, but have seen an article or two that have attached GMA sections to slides. Does anyone have a protocol that works well with GMA? If so, I would greatly appreciate any help I can get. Thank you much.

Jim