[Histonet] GMA embedded section attachment to slides

Jack Ratliff ratliffjack <@t> hotmail.com
Wed Dec 3 20:12:29 CST 2008

Jim,

Is it possible for you to provide more information as to the type of specimen you are working with and how thick you are cutting the sections?

Jack> Date: Mon, 1 Dec 2008 16:26:31 -0600> From: Herrick.James <@t> mayo.edu> To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu> Subject: [Histonet] GMA embedded section attachment to slides> > Hi everyone,> > I have been trying to attach Glycol Methacrylate (GMA) embedded specimens to glass slides and have not been having much luck. So far I have tried gelatin, APES and Histostik. I am using a press and placing them in a 50° C oven for approx. 48 hours. The sections look as if they are attached, until I begin staining. I am pretty sure that the PEG is causing my problem, but have seen an article or two that have attached GMA sections to slides. Does anyone have a protocol that works well with GMA? If so, I would greatly appreciate any help I can get. Thank you much.> > Jim> > > > _______________________________________________> Histonet mailing list> Histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu> http://lists.utsouthwestern.edu/mailman/listinfo/histonet