[Histonet] T Cell and B Cell Markers on Lymph Node Touch Preps

Woodward, Denise denise.woodward <@t> uconn.edu
Mon Dec 1 15:12:00 CST 2008

In my experience, CD20 does not work in canine or feline tissues. Try
CD79a instead. I can't comment on the use of touch preps. With FFPE,
Dako TRS pH9 for 20 minutes works great.

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
[mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of Sandra
Cheasty
Sent: Monday, December 01, 2008 10:04 AM
To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: [Histonet] T Cell and B Cell Markers on Lymph Node Touch Preps

Hello,

            Does anyone have experience with performing
Immunocytochemistry (CD3, CD20) on touch preps of canine and feline
lymph nodes, particularly the following:

Fixation: What reagent(s), what temperature, how long, immediately or
wait until air dried, storage post fixing

Antigen Retrieval: If formalin is part of the fixative, is there a
general rule for HIER on ICC specimens that relates to HIER on paraffin
sections of lymph nodes for CD3 and CD20?

Thank you so very much.

Sandra Cheasty

Histology & Necrcopsy Supervisor

UW-Madison