[Histonet] bleeding eosin

Rene J Buesa rjbuesa <@t> yahoo.com
Mon Oct 29 11:24:30 CDT 2007

That is a known disadvantage of some xylene substitutes.
  René J.

buck45 <@t> optonline.net wrote:
  Hi -
I was wondering if anyone who uses xylene substitutes have had problems with the eosin bleeding out of the tissue. I don't know if it is the type and brand of eosin or something else. I have never used a substitute before and I find that the stainer needs to be changed much more that with regular xylene. I seem to get a lot of water on the slides unless I change it every other day.
Gail
Paramus, NJ