[Histonet] bleeding eosin

Jennifer MacDonald JMacDonald <@t> mtsac.edu
Mon Oct 29 13:38:07 CDT 2007

Not all mounting medium is compatible with xylene substitutes.  Certain
combinations of mounting media and substitute can cause the bleeding of
eosin.

Jennifer MacDonald
Director, Histotechnician Training Program
Mt. San Antonio College
1100 N. Grand Ave.
Walnut, CA 91789
(909) 594-5611 ext. 4884
jmacdonald <@t> mtsac.edu

Rene J Buesa <rjbuesa <@t> yahoo.com>
Sent by: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
10/29/2007 09:24 AM

buck45 <@t> optonline.net, histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
cc

Subject
Re: [Histonet] bleeding eosin

That is a known disadvantage of some xylene substitutes.
  René J.

buck45 <@t> optonline.net wrote:
  Hi -
I was wondering if anyone who uses xylene substitutes have had problems
with the eosin bleeding out of the tissue. I don't know if it is the type
and brand of eosin or something else. I have never used a substitute
before and I find that the stainer needs to be changed much more that with
regular xylene. I seem to get a lot of water on the slides unless I change
it every other day.
Gail
Paramus, NJ