AW: [Histonet] DAB & Masson's compatability

Gudrun Lang gu.lang <@t> gmx.at
Sat Mar 31 05:52:45 CDT 2007

The trichrome-dyesolutions usually have a ph from 1-3. I think, that is
strongly acid.
My tipp is, to try it on a control slide and see what happens. Or just rinse
the ready stained ihc-slide in an acid solution.
If you don't mind, that the trichrome results aren't very brilliant, you can
ommit the bouin-step.

Gudrun Lang

Biomed. Analytikerin
Histolabor
Akh Linz
Krankenhausstr. 9
4020 Linz
+43(0)732/7806-6754

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
[mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] Im Auftrag von Geoff
McAuliffe
Gesendet: Freitag, 30. März 2007 22:26
An: Walters, Katherine S
Cc: histonet <@t> pathology.swmed.edu
Betreff: Re: [Histonet] DAB & Masson's compatability

I would think it would be fine as long as you avoid strong acids. Try it
on a spare slide before doing the important stuff. Also, intensifying
the DAB with nickel, nickel+cobalt, osmium vapors, silver or a
commercial product like Vector's Intense would be worth a try.

Geoff

--
--
Geoff McAuliffe, Ph.D.