[Histonet] DAB & Masson's compatability

Liz Chlipala liz <@t> premierlab.com
Fri Mar 30 15:32:49 CDT 2007

Kathy

I have not personally tried a trichrome, but I have done Acid Fast, Cresyl
echt violet, iron, etc on DAB stained slides.  We have ran both the IHC
first and on other instances we have ran the special first (iron with CD68
IHC with Fast Red Chromagen).  Just run your immuno as usual and then rinse
in distilled water and follow with the trichrome, the only thing that I'm
not sure of is if the DAB will survive the bouins, but I think it might,
since I can't think of anything that will remove DAB from a slide.

Liz

Manager
Premier Laboratory, LLC
P.O. Box 18592