[Histonet] Murine perfusion for whole autoradiography

Geoff McAuliffe mcauliff <@t> umdnj.edu
Fri Mar 30 14:15:11 CDT 2007

Hi Jamie:

First off is there so much I125 in the blood that it will obscure your
results? Is someone going to complain that washing the blood out skews
the "true physiology"?

Secondly, if perfusion pressure is too high it will damage the blood
vessels but in that case I think any subsequent procesing, washing, etc.
would remove the blood and any bound I125? You would have to make a
pretty big hole to push antibody molecules through.

How high is too high? I suspect blood pressure in a mouse is not much
different from any other mammal, ie humans, and such information is
available. Converting inches of water (how high to hang the perfusion
bottle) to millemeter of mercury is just arithmetic. 1 inch = 25.4 mm
and mercury has a specific gravity of 13.6. You could also buy a
peristatic pump and hook up a pressure gauge to the output side

Geoff

--
--
Geoff McAuliffe, Ph.D.