[Histonet] Slide Retention SOP?

Breeden, Sara sbreeden <@t> nmda.nmsu.edu
Fri Mar 2 11:22:46 CST 2007

I know someone that's reading this already has an SOP that addresses the
retention of original slides (and their recuts that may have been
required for diagnostic purposes, i.e., deeper sections, special stains,
etc.).  I need to define the necessity of retaining the slides that were
used to diagnose a case and define the difference between a recut for
diagnostic purposes vs. a recut made for a pathologist's personal
collection.  I am adamant that the original slide(s) must be filed and
not "swapped" for the recut in those permanent files. I've "googled" the
subject from all sorts of different angles but am not finding what I
need.  Referrals to online resources will be happily researched as well.
Thank you!

Sally Breeden, HT(ASCP)

NM Dept. of Agriculture

Veterinary Diagnostic Services