[Histonet] Ribboning Problem Figgered Out!

Breeden, Sara sbreeden <@t> nmda.nmsu.edu
Fri Jul 27 13:17:09 CDT 2007

First of all, thank you to all who offered their input on my ribboning
problem.  The advice and counsel was very much appreciated and I looked
into every solution - so my warm fuzzy thanks!

I did finally figure out what was going on.  Despite the high mileage
vehicle and the moon phases, as I was disassembling it for its usual
Friday Cleaning and Putting Away for the Weekend, I discovered that I
had somehow earlier this week bumped the KNIFE HOLDER against the chuck,
giving me a tiny indention at each side of that part in the center of
the knife holder that... well, I'm sure it has a name but I don't know
what it is.  I could not see these dents until I took off that little
unnamed part to clean it and there they were!  I always have a new knife
holder squirreled away, so I am positive that will solve the problems I
was anticipating on Monday!  My only unpleasant anticipation for Monday
is telling The Boss I need a new knife holder... gulp!  Wish I could
blame this on another tech, but I am IT!  Rats and mice!  Too bad
there's not some entrepreneur out there that can machine out those
little denty things, thereby saving about $650 for a new one!

By the way, JTT recommended an alcoholic tincture applied to the
technician to solve the problem.... Darn! I'm out of it!

Sally Breeden, HT(ASCP)

NM Dept. of Agriculture

Veterinary Diagnostic Services

PO Box 4700