[Histonet] interesting pictures

Cheri Miller cmiller <@t> physlab.com
Mon Jul 30 07:57:11 CDT 2007

Beautifully spoken! My sentiments exactly. I wont complain again for what I
in the past have referred to as "garage sale rejects"  AKA my
equipment....Cheri

Cheri Miller HT ASCP
Histology Supervisor
Physicians Laboratory Services, Inc.
Omaha, NE 68117
402 738 5052

PRIVILEGED / CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION may be contained in this message.  If
you are not the addressee intended / indicated or agent responsible for
delivering it to the addressee, you are hereby notified that you are in
possession of confidential and privileged information.  Any dissemination,
distribution, or copying of this e-mail is strictly prohibited.  If you have
received this message in error, please notify the sender immediately and
delete this email from your system.

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
[mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of Constance
McManus
Sent: Friday, July 27, 2007 12:41 PM
To: Nancy Lemke; gu.lang <@t> gmx.at; histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: Re: [Histonet] interesting pictures

gudrun
thank you for sharing these photos!  One of the PAs in our dept lived in
Latvia for 2 years and he has interesting stories about the decrepit and
poor condition the infrastructural elements are in the former USSR
countries.  It's not just medicine, it's also construction, manufacturing,
agriculture, etc.  And, from what I understand, it's not getting better.

Sadly, my first impulse was to laugh at these pictures.  I say "sadly"
because one should not mock another's misfortune.  The more I looked at
those picutres, then glanced around the lab I work in, I began to feel a
sense of gratitude for all that I generally take fore granted.  My heart is
filled with compassion for those people over there and I salute all of you
who are donating your time, talents & expertise, money, your lives to help
the people from these countries make a better life.  If the day ever comes
that I have the means to do something like that, I would hop like a frog on
a hot pan to do it.

thanks for opening my eyes to what I have!!!

Connie McManus, HT
University of Utah
School of Medicine
Dept. of Dermatology