[Histonet] hemoglobin

Richard Cartun Rcartun <@t> harthosp.org
Wed Jul 25 10:49:49 CDT 2007

You can do IHC for hemoglobin.  We use a polyclonal antibody from Dako (A0118).

Richard

Richard W. Cartun, Ph.D.
Director, Immunopathology & Histology
Assistant Director, Anatomic Pathology
Hartford Hospital
80 Seymour Street
Hartford, CT  06102
(860) 545-1596
(860) 545-0174 Fax

>>> Derek Papalegis <derek.papalegis <@t> tufts.edu> 07/25/07 11:21 AM >>>
Hi All,
An investigator has asked me to stain some sections for hemoglobin. I
have already provided him with an iron stain and he wants to go further
with it. Can anyone recommend a stain specifically for hemoglobin? I
have found some for hemosiderin but I am unsure as to if they will be
sufficient.  If someone could let me know what stain they use and what
the procedure is I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks!
-Derek

--
Derek Papalegis HT (ASCP)