[Histonet] serial sections

Rene J Buesa rjbuesa <@t> yahoo.com
Tue Feb 27 14:40:10 CST 2007

To avoid sections to move while drying there has to be eliminated the water underneath the section first. To accomplish this set the slides with the sections vertically (on the 1 inch end) for several minutes. After that take the slides and give them a gently shake (to eliminate any water near the bottom end), place them in the racks and let them dry overnight at room temperature. Next morning to the oven at 60ºC for 30 minutes.
  It has worked always fine for me.
  René J.

ftulenko06 <@t> jcu.edu wrote:
  Dear all,

I have been trying to use serial sections (generated from paraplast-embedded chick embryos) to make three dimensional reconstructions of various skeletal structures. The problem I encounter is that the sections seem to move on the slides during drying (thus making smooth reconstructions impossible). Does anyone have advice on how to minimize section movement on slides? The slides I am using are Fisherbrand superfrost/Plus slides. Thank you for your times and suggestions.

Sincerely,

Frank