[Histonet] Stain for...

mgolbaba <@t> uoguelph.ca mgolbaba <@t> uoguelph.ca
Wed Feb 21 17:09:05 CST 2007

Hello everyone,

I am looking for a specific stain to observe the cellulose (fibers),
hemicellulose, and pectin separately in my plant specimens which are
dried and ground wheat straw.
I greatly appreciate if you let me know your recommended stains and
their protocols.
Actually, I have found several stains for lignin (e.g. phloroglucinol)
and pectin not cellulose and hemicellulose but, unfortunately, they
were for live tissues.
Many thanks in advance.

Best Regards,
Mahsa

Mahsa Golbabaie
MSc Student,
Department of Plant Agriculture, University of Guelph, Canada
Department of Chemical Engineering, University of Waterloo, Canada
Email: mgolbaba <@t> uoguelph.ca
mgolbaba <@t> engmail.uwaterloo.ca