[Histonet] frozens on fat

Monfils, Paul PMonfils <@t> Lifespan.org
Tue Feb 6 09:48:09 CST 2007

You can usually get this kind of tissue cold enough to section by spraying it thoroughly with one of the refrigerant sprays that most biological supply companies sell. This will bring the tissue down to -50 C. Then take the section quickly, before the block has a chance to start warming up. If you use an anti-roll plate on your cryostat, spray that also.