[Histonet] Dako Reagent Vials

Greer, Patricia (CDC/CCID/NCZVED) pwg1 <@t> cdc.gov
Mon Feb 5 12:57:25 CST 2007

Not only that but you can buy them directly from the manufacturer,
Sarstedt (catalog # 62-732-012) and they are much cheaper there.

Pat Greer
Infectious Disease Pathology Branch
Mail Stop G-32
Atlanta, GA 30333

404-639-2811

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
[mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of Richard
Bruggeman
Sent: Monday, February 05, 2007 10:59 AM
To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: [Histonet] Dako Reagent Vials

If you are like me and are tired of dealing with Dako, then you will
appreciate this notice.

Dako reagent vials (the round 15mL vials with caps that are used on the
Autostainer) can be purchased directly from Labvision (the manufacturer
of the Dako Autostainer.)  This solves the headache of having to wait on
hold with Dako customer service and the inevitable back orders that will
follow.  I have repeatedly had reagent vials placed on back order with
no clear or accurate indication as to when these items would actually
arrive.  NO MORE!  I will now order all of my reagent vials directly
from Labvision.  In addition to having the vials in stock, the entire
order process took only a bit over five minutes to complete, the vials
will be FedExed to me, and on top of all that the exact same item cost
31% less from Labvision.  How does Dako ever expect to compete?  It's
only a matter of time until customers are fed up with Dako's mistakes
and will begin to look elsewhere for suppliers who can deliver.

Trey Bruggeman

Milton S. Hershey Medical Center
Penn State College of Medicine
Department of Pathology