[Histonet] Dako Reagent Vials

Richard Bruggeman rbruggeman <@t> psu.edu
Mon Feb 5 09:58:39 CST 2007

If you are like me and are tired of dealing with Dako, then you will appreciate this notice.

Dako reagent vials (the round 15mL vials with caps that are used on the Autostainer) can be purchased directly from Labvision (the manufacturer of the Dako Autostainer.)  This solves the headache of having to wait on hold with Dako customer service and the inevitable back orders that will follow.  I have repeatedly had reagent vials placed on back order with no clear or accurate indication as to when these items would actually arrive.  NO MORE!  I will now order all of my reagent vials directly from Labvision.  In addition to having the vials in stock, the entire order process took only a bit over five minutes to complete, the vials will be FedExed to me, and on top of all that the exact same item cost 31% less from Labvision.  How does Dako ever expect to compete?  It's only a matter of time until customers are fed up with Dako's mistakes and will begin to look elsewhere for suppliers who can deliver.

Trey Bruggeman

Milton S. Hershey Medical Center
Penn State College of Medicine
Department of Pathology