[Histonet] Tracing Nerves with India Ink?

Bob Nienhuis bob.nienhuis <@t> gmail.com
Fri Aug 31 14:25:11 CDT 2007

I would try a carbocyanine dye such as DiI. These florescent dyes migrate in
the
lipid membrane of nervous tissue, and have been used in fixed tissue, but
take
months to get any distance.

As Geoff suggests, "Neuroanatomical Tract-Tracing 3", Lazlo Zaborszky et.
al, eds.
has a chapter on using them.

Molecular Probes (Invitrogen) sells the stuff and has info on their website.

Bob