[Histonet] RE: Breast tissue

Christine Bark CBark <@t> memorialcare.org
Mon Aug 20 13:40:59 CDT 2007

Prior to getting a second processor, we held fatty cases over night in
pen-fix (an alcohol-formalin solution).

Christine Bark
Senior Histotech, Pathology
Saddleback Memorial Medical Center
949-452-3548
cbark <@t> memorialcare.org

We have been having problems with breast tissue being fatty and under
processed.  At the other Lab I worked we had a separate processor for
fatty tissue.  The Lab I'm at now only has one tissue processor for
everything; we have another processor that is not being used.  I brought
up the idea of using that one for fatty tissue, but they want me to get
other opinions on the idea.  So I need ideas on how other Labs are
processing their fatty tissue.

V/R

Tina