[Histonet] trichrome problems

Sherwood, Margaret MSHERWOOD <@t> PARTNERS.ORG
Thu Aug 2 09:55:41 CDT 2007

We routinely leave our slides in a 60 degree oven overnight before staining.

Peggy Sherwood
Lab Associate, Photopathology
Wellman Center for Photomedicine (W224)
Massachusetts General Hospital
55 Fruit Street
Boston, MA 02114-2696
617-724-4839 (voice mail)
617-726-6983 (lab)
617-726-1206 (fax)
msherwood <@t> partners.org

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
[mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu]On Behalf Of Derek
Papalegis
Sent: Thursday, August 02, 2007 10:28 AM
To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: [Histonet] trichrome problems

Hi Everyone,
I am having trouble with the tissue staying on the slide when doing a
trichrome stain. I currently use the Richard Allen super up-rite slides.
I found that the tissue came off the slide after I put it in the heated
bouin's solution for an hour. I tried to leave it in room temp bouin's
overnight instead of using it heated and I found that some tissue has
stayed on but some has still fallen off. I have tried both leaving
slides out to dry overnight as well as cutting and staining on the same
day. Does anyone have any ideas of how I can solve this problem?

Thanks,
Derek

--
Derek Papalegis HT (ASCP)