[Histonet] trichrome problems

Derek Papalegis derek.papalegis <@t> tufts.edu
Thu Aug 2 09:28:04 CDT 2007

Hi Everyone,
I am having trouble with the tissue staying on the slide when doing a
trichrome stain. I currently use the Richard Allen super up-rite slides.
I found that the tissue came off the slide after I put it in the heated
bouin's solution for an hour. I tried to leave it in room temp bouin's
overnight instead of using it heated and I found that some tissue has
stayed on but some has still fallen off. I have tried both leaving
slides out to dry overnight as well as cutting and staining on the same
day. Does anyone have any ideas of how I can solve this problem?

Thanks,
Derek

--
Derek Papalegis HT (ASCP)