[Histonet] Cryostat issues with lobster tissues

Norman Meres nmeres <@t> gmu.edu
Wed Aug 1 13:51:36 CDT 2007

Hello:
	I am adapting a histochemical technique for sectioning lobster
epidermis and staining for enzyme activity. I have been trying to
find an ideal freezing temperature for the cryostat. The technique I
am adapting was originally developed for scyphozoans, and calls for
freezing temp of –30 C. This appears to be too cold, as the tissue
just crumbles the blade crosses it. I have tried –20 C, and this
appears to be better, but I was wondering if anyone has experience
with freezing arthropod or crustacean tissues, and might have a
suggested temp.

Thanks,
Norman

Begin forwarded message: