[Histonet] mouse pathology

Andrea Hooper anh2006 <@t> med.cornell.edu
Thu Apr 5 10:02:21 CDT 2007

My favorite human histology book for the lab lately is:

Histology: A Text and Atlas
With Cell and Molecular Biology
Michael H. Ross
Gordon I. Kaye
Wokciech Pawlina
ISBN: 0-683-30242-6 (I am sure there is probably a new edition)

It puts histology into a functional context. The detail is quite
complete and has been the key to understanding several of our
findings in the lab here lately.

And a good comprehensive mouse histology text is like the holy grail
unfortunately. Luckily there are several specialized histology texts
and atlases which do the trick in a pinch like the phenomal Paxinos
atlases for mouse brain (adult and during development) and The Atlas
of Mouse Development (Kaufmann, ISBN 0-12-402035-6) for embryogenesis.