[Histonet] A question about HT licensure in various states --whichones require it?

Christine Tambasco immrstambo <@t> hotmail.com
Fri Sep 15 18:40:46 CDT 2006

   New  York  does  not  require  registry  with  the  ASCP-although some
   hospitals  or  labs  prefer it. September 1st of this year New York is
   requiring  state  licensure  from  New  York. The histology license is
   under  the  clinical  laboratory  technologist  or clinical laboratory
   technician  license.  It  is  not specific to just histology. The only
   license  that  is  specific  is  CYTOLOGY.  So  in  New York State, to
   practice  histology you must have a license for either the 2 yr degree
   clinical  laboratoy  technician  or  4 year degree clinical laboratory
   technologist.  They  are  just  implementing  and  many people will be
   grandfathered,  but after this you will need to take an exam to obtain
   your license. Hope this helps.

   CHristine Tambasco, HT (ASCP)

   ST MARY's Hospital @ Amsterdam, New York 12010

   ph-518-841-7287

     From:  Cheryl <tkngflght <@t> yahoo.com>
     To:  histonet <@t> pathology.swmed.edu
     Subject:  [Histonet]  A  question  about  HT  licensure  in various
     states --whichones require it?
     Date:  Wed, 13 Sep 2006 07:18:19 -0700 (PDT)
     >Hi all-
     >
     >   Other states I am aware of that require registry for HTs are
     >   Rhode Island
     >   Nevada
     >   Florida
     >   --any others?
     >
     >    I  wrote to the state of NY a few months ago and requested the
     registry  information.  They sent me the information for MT/MLT and
     CT  but  nothing  for  HT.  Could  someone  enlighten  me to the NY
     regulations in plain language?

     >   Thanks in advance--
     >
     >   Cheryl
     >

     >Cheryl Kerry, HT(ASCP)
     >Full Staff Inc.
     >Staffing the AP Lab by helping one Tech at a time.
     >281.883.7704 c
     >281.852.9457 o
     >admin <@t> fullstaff.org
     >
     >Sign  up  for the FREE monthly newsletter AP News--updates, tricks
     of  the  trade  and  current issues for Anatomic Pathology Clinical
     Labs.  Send  a  'subscribe' request to APNews <@t> fullstaff.org. Please
     include your name and specialty in the body of the email.