[Histonet] Control tissue for skin DIF

Rene J Buesa rjbuesa <@t> yahoo.com
Sat Sep 9 09:22:24 CDT 2006

Luke:
  We always used for any skin disease tested (+) for DIF sections from (+) patients kept at -80ºC
  René J.

Luke A Perkocha <luke.perkocha <@t> ucsf.edu> wrote:

Hello,
I am trying to develop a protocol for doing direct immunofluorescence
testing on skin for bullous disease. I have a couple of sample
protocols but none say anything about positive control tissue. I'm
uncomfortable running the test on clinical specimens and reporting out
a negative, without good positive controls. Does anyone know of a
commercial source for positive control tissue, or does anyone have
some they would be willing to share for development? Help much
appreciated.
Thanks,
Luke