[Histonet] confocal condition for Cy2 and Cy3 IHC on plants

Mansfield, James JMansfield <@t> cri-inc.com
Fri Jul 21 14:20:54 CDT 2006

Hi Moran,

A good place to find wavelengths for fluorophores is the Curv-omatic
site from Omega Optical:

https://www.omegafilters.com/front/curvomatic/spectra.php

It will show you absorption and emission spectra for almost any
fluorophores you might want to use.

However, having said that, separating fluorescence from your fluorophore
from autofluorescence can be very difficult for most systems.
Autofluorescence emits at almost all wavelengths, and will conflict with
just about any filter set you want to try.

A multispectral imaging approach can help a lot in eliminating
autofluorescence from your samples, with signal-to-noise increases of
100-fold.

Here is a link to a paper we are publishing in Cytometry later this year
(two issues from now, I believe) that discusses using multispectral
imaging to separate fluorophores from autofluorescence. The examples are
done using our own spectral imaging system (Nuance), but the approach
applies in general.

http://www.cri-inc.com/files/MSI_App_02.pdf

Cheers,

-Jim